On July 21st a small group from Central Baptist went to Maple Street Baptist Church in Oxford to hear a testimony from a young woman who had received a shoebox when she was thirteen years old. She lived near a dump site in the Philippines. She is now married with two young daughters living in Kansas City. She is attending a school to be a part of the ministry.
I wish all of you could have heard her emotional jouney that she too us on through her talk. I will try to give you the highlights that affected us the most:
- She was chosen to pass out the shoeboxes to the younger children.
- She really wanted a box for herself and didn’t think she would receive one.
- But she did get a shoebox!
- Her most vivid memories of her shoebox were the fresh smell, the soap, the school supplies, and her favorite item: a pink, glittery notebook!
- Her parents could not afford gifts for their children. At times there was no food to eat.
- She couldn’t believe there were people who didn’t know her but would send her a box full of gifts!
- The shoebox and the evangelical classes opened her mind and her heart to Jesus and she received Jesus as her Lord and Savior!
- She led her sister and brother to accept Jesus, also.
- She is still working on leading her mother and father to salvation.
- Now she is sharing her story so that we can know how much our gifts impact millions of live.
This month there are many sales on school supplies. These are important items because they may help the children go to school.
- Small Notebooks
- Pencil Bags
One last thought–we learned that the $9.00 shipping cost for each shoebox not only covers shipping but also the evangelical learning supplies and new testiment for each child! Praise God and may God bless each one of you!
Questions? Ask Ed or Marci Shubert.