with Casas por Cristo
Coordinated by First Baptist Church of Douglass
What will we do in Mexico?
- Build a new home for a needy family through the Casas por Cristo ministry.
- Share age and language-appropriate evangelistic materials in the neighborhood around the build site.
- No Spanish is required
- No carpentry skill is required
- No experience is required
Don't Leave Home Without It (Essentials)
- Must possess a valid U.S. Passport
- Must be 6th grade (with parent/guarding on trip)
OR 10th grade (with parent/guardian permission)
- Have a servant's heard, a Bible, and a good attitude!
- Long work pants and sturdy boots or shoes
- Basic tools: Hammer, 25' tape measure, utility knife, and carpenter's pencil
- Will spend one night each way at a hotel (Quad occupancy).
- Three nights in Mexico are spent at a local church near the build site or at the Shane Harris Outreach Center (SHOC) in Casas por Cristo's walled compound in Juarez.
- $550/person (plus your meals outside of Mexico)
*We are grateful for the generous support of the SCASB Sending Team, which allows us to keep per person costs as low as possible!
- $100 Deposit due by Sunday, July 14.
(Deposit is non-refundable, but is transferable)
- Balance due by Sunday, September 29.
- Within the same family: for every two paid, a third person is free.
After all combined trip expenses have been paid, any remaining funds will be applied toward a 2019 trip, or given to Casas por Cristo if no trip is planned.
To Register or For Additional Questions
- Contact Pastor Voyt Lynn of First Baptist Church of Douglass
- Cell: (316) 249-1310
- Office: (316) 746-2929
- Send in your $100 deposit by Sunday, July 14. Checks should be payable to FBC Douglass. The $450 balance is due September 29, but you may turn it in at any time prior.
First Baptist Church of Douglass
P.O. Box 647
Douglass, KS 67039
Experience growth in the Lord an joyous fellowship with brothers and sisters in Christ from other SCASB churches!*
*The 2018 trip included participants from five SCASB churches!
Registration Deadline is Sunday, July 14th!